Dr. Nancollas graduated Cornell University, cum laude in chemistry. He attended the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and stayed there to complete his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency and Hand Surgery Fellowship at the Buffalo Affiliated Hospitals. He practiced hand surgery in Syracuse, NY for twenty-three years and relocated to the Berkshires in 2014.
Dr. Nancollas is board certified in orthopaedic surgery and holds an additional certification in the specialization of hand surgery. He is the author of several medical research papers and has lectured internationally on the hand.
He was the president of a local performing arts medicine association and has a particular interest in musicians with injuries to the upper extremity.
Dr. Nancollas’ area of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Carpal and cubital tunnel syndromes treated with minimally invasive techniques
- Wrist fractures, with emphasis on early return of function.
(Currently, >1000 patients treated for this condition).
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Elbow ligament reconstruction (Tommy John procedure)
- Elbow replacements & complex fracture repairs
- Wrist/finger arthroscopy
- Thumb arthritis reconstruction
- Finger joint replacements
- Dupuytren’s disease treatment, including needle aponeurotomy and collagenase injections
- Wrist and hand trauma repair
- Rotator cuff injuries of the shoulder